Monday, July 5, 2010

My July 4th weekend

So you remember that issue from the last post? Well, the friend who wanted me to drop the other friend and I ended up dropping both? Well, the one who started it all came over Saturday night and we had it out, talk wise. No fight or anything like that. And he's now back on my list on Facebook. It was a good talk, a really good talk. All is well.

However, the best part of this weekend was that I got to go see The B-52s for free at Fair St. Louis, under The Gateway Arch and I also got free seating in the VIP section! I know, I rock. But while I was getting a drink before the show, I ran into a friend I haven't seen in about two or three years. So not only did I get to reconnect with someone, in real life, but we also got to rock out to one of the best groups ever!

The B-52s started out with 'Private Idaho' and ended with 'Rock Lobster', but when they did 'Love Shack' everyone there stood up, danced and partied! It was great and I can't wait to see them again, cuz I'm obsessed like that. Love my B's!!! They are amazing live and they are up there having fun and just doing what they love. It was also cool cuz next to where I was sitting, in the isle was a, for lack of a better term, Ska Mosh Pit. Only at a B-52 concert. Love it!

And under The Arch for free? With a wicked firework display right after they got off the stage? Was the best Fourth of July thus far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment