Monday, August 2, 2010

Worries about The Hubby

I'm worried about my Hubby.

About five or six weeks ago he went to Rochester, New York to visit his twin brother for a week. It was great for them both. I thought it was a wonderful idea. The problem has come up just within the last week or so, that I've noticed. Hubby has tried to get in touch with The Twin, to no avail.

They haven't spoken since the trip and Hubby is thinking he did something wrong to piss of The Twin. I got the same issue when there's no contact after a while with those I'm close to, I start thinking I did something wrong.

After a 30 year separation, these two reconnect on Facebook and start the process of getting to know each other again. And I tell you, I couldn't have been more happy for them both when they reconnected. I mean, come on, you're a twin who hasn't seen your 'other self' since you where 10?! Who wouldn't be happy for you?

And he's tried to get in touch with The Twin, for weeks now. And nothing. Not a quick e-mail or call saying "Hey, still alive, just got crazy busy" or "Sorry I didn't get back with you, something came up." Not even an Instant Message or a snail mail letter!

I can see how it hurts and irks The Hubby. Fuck, I'd feel the same way in his shoes. I do hope all is well on that end of the relationship and that The Twin is just super busy. But still, in my opinion, a quick five minute call isn't too much to do for your long lost/recently found twin. But that's me. I don't know the situation or circumstances. And that's fair to say. I also get life can get hellish (believe me, I know). However, I just don't see what can be so hectic and time consuming that at some point in your day that you can't drop a line. Again, that's just me.

If you got time to read a non-related (to whatever it is your doing) blog/article/news feed or watch a video somewhere on the Net or even play a video game/MMORPG of some sort, then you got the time to call/e-mail your twin.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment