Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Wonderful World of Me

OK, so it's been a while. What-the-fuck-ever, I've been trying to get to it.

So, I went to go see 'Metropolis' at a local indie movie theatre recently. This version of the film, originally debuted in 1927, was as fully restored as can be expected. The movie was originally 153 minutes long when it first debuted in Berlin, Wiemar Republic(Germany), but is now 147 minutes. For years, it was only 90 minutes due to what was cut for the American release was lost. But over the years, parts have been found and in June of 2008 in Argentina, a copy of the whole version was found, but unfortunately 6 minutes couldn't be recovered due to it being too deteriorated.

But let me say that what I saw was more amazing than the 90 minute version I've seen!! For a silent film (with the original score preformed by orchestra) it was better than most of what Whorewood has put out in recent years. And it was the most expensive Silent Film made! If you ever see it, you'll see why. But it also it the most influential Sci-Fi Film of all time. It set the stage for 'Blade Runner' and 'The Matrix' Trilogy and has been the main influence of Queen's "Radio Ga Ga" and Madonna's "Express Yourself" videos. Trust me, see this newly restored version.

Well, this weekend has been a major blast and I've had so much fun. Just me and The Hubby, we needed it.

Friday after work, we went to a local Japanese place called Sekisui and ate some good sushi. Love me some sushi!! And Sekisui has the best that I've had in St. Louis thus far. And the sake ain't too bad either.

Then Saturday the Hubby and I went to Pere Marquette Park in Grafton, Illinois. It's a beautiful park with great views from the river bluffs. We played a game of chess on the floor of The Main Lodge, Hubby won. I say on the floor since the board is about 15 feet by 15 feet and the pieces are the size of kids. It's the first time I've ever gotten the chance to do that in all the years I've been going there, so much fun. I love chess, not that I'm the best, I just love playing it. After that, we went into Grafton itself and walked around. It's a great little town on the Mississippi. And the drive on The Great River Road there and back are beautiful with eagles and hawks flying overhead and the Mississippi on one side.

When we got home, we didn't go out since we where done looking at the inside of a car. But we ate good at a local Vietnamese place called Mekong. Then off to our favorite place in our neighborhood, MoKaBe's, a local LGBT owned and operated coffeehouse. It's our home away from home.

But today was the icing on the cake! We went to Crown Candy in Old North City. Holy fucking Gods! The food is always good, but it is the malts that make the trip so worth it! No where will you find a better malt, hands down. The Hubby has been around the world, thanks to his years in the military, and he has said that there's not a better malt to be found anywhere. We got some candy there (they make their own chocolate!). We got two bags of string licorice, a bag of retro candy (it's got Mary Jane[not that kind!] and Cow Tail candy in it) and half a pound of dark chocolate Nonpareil (my absolute favorite candy!!!). So good!

Still have the rest of our Sunday to get through and I'm loving where it's heading already! All is well in my world and I'm actually happy and relaxed from the first time in quite a while. It's nice, but I'm so not used to it, so I'm a little paranoid. But I'm rolling with it. At the least, it's been a mana building weekend. Need more like this.

While I'm writing this I'm listening to some good music and digesting, building more mana and just loving my weekend. Now I'm thinking it may be good to nap for a few. Maybe, we'll see. May go for a walk, it's finally nice out and not 100 degrees with 90% or more humidity. But then, it's St. Louis. If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes, it'll change.

No comments:

Post a Comment