Sunday, April 8, 2012

Coming Out

I'm not so much at a crossroads so much as I'm at a point where I can't not talk about aspects of me. And who this would be directed at is my Mother. Yes, she knows I'm gay (has since I was 12) and that I'm Pagan. Hell, she's well aware of my anger issues, amongst other issues I've inherited from my parents! They aren't to blame, entirely, for my frak ups. However, it's a great distraction at times.

*sips some Smirnoff Ice*

Anyway...digress is easy for me if you've not noticed.

So, what I think I gotta to is inform my dear loving Mother about my polyamorous life. Why? Because she's my mom and we talk about everything! So it's difficult for me to talk about The Hubby while leaving out The Collared One, who is just as important to me as The Hubby!
I'm a full believer in being open about who you are. The issue here is that I'm not sure how much more difference she can take from me. I'm the Black Sheep of the family in several ways. I'm gay, Pagan and a social liberal Independent. You see where I'm goin' with this? Add on my polyamorous side? Yeah...dilemma.
And it's not like I want both my guys over for a family function. I get how awkward for people that'd be. Took me a lot of work to get her where she is now in terms of acceptance and allowing even the simplest Public Display of Affection. Not saying she a raging homophobic or anything of the like. There was a time when she couldn't deal with the visual reminder. Now she's all good. But that took time and work.
Dropping a bomb like the fact that I got two men? UGH!

It's a dilemma. I want to be open but I don't want to put up with the way she'd come at it. Ya know, motherly "advice" (criticism). I get that about the apartment I live in (another story).

I'll get there, maybe. Yeah...I think I will. I'm in love with two guys and I don't see why I should hide that from the most important person in my life! I'm happy, we're happy and that's what matters. I'd like to think she'd be happy for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment